Friday, January 13, 2012

Farewell

It's been a whirlwind of a time, this first year and a half in the Emirates.  Great adventures, many explorations I would never have had otherwise, so much learning.

I'll be stopping this blog now.  The newness dust of arriving and discovering has settled,  and although I'm positive that there's oh, so much more to learn about this culture, my focus is shifting.  I'm digging in to living my daily life, dealing with health issues, deciphering a new job that requires much of my attention, pruning out some things in my life that don't seem to be the healthiest for me, best of all, a new marriage to my best friend, one of the most wonderful human beings I've ever met.

When he gets here, March/April, inshallah, I have a feeling it'll be time to explore this place all over again, through new eyes.  Hey, maybe the next blog you'll read will be one we write together!  We'll be doing a lot more in nature than I can on my own, so we're excited about that: hiking, kayaking, camping in the desert, and who knows what else.  Maybe something about his music, and the arts in Abu Dhabi.  (There are some stirrings in that direction.)

Hey everyone, thanks so much for taking the time to read and to comment.  This really has been not only a fun forum for my writing and showing off my newfound interest in photography, but also a tool for me to keep my wits about me as I make the transition into expat-hood.

Take care of yourselves and the people you love.  I hope your 2012 is full of love and wonderment.
Salud.
~Mixchel




No comments:

Post a Comment